This Superb Quality heavy duty letter box set really is one of the best we have seen! The unique anti-snap 180° opening flaps both externally and internally make this an innovative design. Because the flaps sit flush to the door and open a full 180°, even the most clumsy of postmen (or inquisitive of children!) will not cause damage by shearing off the flaps.
This stunning Letterplate is of ALL METAL construction with colour matching flaps and surround. Both flaps are fully sprung with stainless steel springs. The Deluxe letter box comes with full internal and external weather sealing to provide a draft free environment. Stylish, smooth and very functional it costs a little more - but well worth the extra.
For the ultimate security the deluxe letter box can be fixed using the blind bolts supplied which are fastened from the inside, thus preventing removal from the outside. Alternatively screw fixings can be used.
Available in White, Polished Gold, Bronze, Satin Silver, Black, Antique Black and Stainless Steel. Door Thickness 40mm to 80mm.
- Solid Die cast
- Lifetime tested to 50,000 cycles
- Fully sealed backplate
- Telescopic sleeves
- Full internal and external weather sealing to provide a draft free environment
- Internal and external colour matching flaps
- External flap opens to 180° so the flap won't snap off
- Designed for Timber, Composite & uPVC Doors
- Supplied with security fixing bolts and a compression gasket
- Will fit doors up to a thickness of 80mm
- An all metal construction with stainless steel springs
- Suitable for use on Acoustic Door sets
What's in the pack?
1 x Internal Flap, Tunnel and surround with fitted brushes
1 x External Flap, Tunnel and surround with foam draught seal
1 x Pack Assorted Bolts with sleeves
First remove your letterbox by lifting the flaps and unscrewing the fixing screws or bolts. Once the letter box is removed measure the exact width and height of the aperture (hole) and check the the sizes against the diagram below. Measure the door mid rail - panel thickness to determine the letter box thickness needed (i.e. 40/80mm). You may well find there are a few millimetres difference to your existing letter box, the door mid-rail or panel aperture can easily be trimmed using a hacksaw or similar.
- External Dimensions: 310mm width x 68mm
- Internal Dimensions: Sleeve size 262mm x 45mm (min size hole in door that the letterbox will fit)
- Distance between screw holes 270mm